Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Day at the Fair

Cyndi, Ben, and I spent this past Saturday splashing in the mud and playing with fiber! We visited the HFA Fiber Fair 2010 in Marshfield, Mo. It rained off and on most of the day but everything was in the pavilions so we stayed dry (for the most part) and had a blast! :)

We weren't there but about 3 or 4 minutes when a woman handed me a card and said, "You've won a door prize!" It was a lovely assortment of Goat's Milk bath products in a basket shaped like the state of Missouri, provided by Misty Woods ~ Home, Health, and Goat's Milk Products.


Next it was off to look at the craft tables and all the fiber goodies. There were so many gorgeous handmade items. And the yarns were so much fun to look at. I bought some hand dyed wool for Cyndi to play with:


And I got myself some pencil roving so I can try my hand at Kool-Aid dying and needle-felting:


Oh, and we picked up a couple of hot chicks too! (Pot holders) LOL


But the real reason we were there, at least as far as Ben was concerned, was to look at all the animals:

Little Lambs


Alpacas


Alpaca after shearing


And the most impressive: A lady spinning angora directly from the bunny while he's sitting on her lap. Sorry for the dark picture... the lighting was bad for that one. :(


After the fair we went up to Springfield to visit A New Yarn (my favorite LYS!) where I bought some Noro Silk Garden to make myself a new bag. :)


Well, we were exhausted when we got home but it was totally worth it! We will definitely be going to the fair again next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.